Guide Map to Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom features high adventures with real exotic animals, close encounters with prehistoric giants and warm, fuzzy moments with beloved Disney characters. Disney's fourth major theme park sprawls across 500 acres. Jungles, forests and a vast savannah are divided into five themed lands: Africa, Camp Minnie-Mickey, DinoLand USA, Discovery Island and Asia.
DISCOVERY ISLAND ATTRACTIONS:
- The Oasis Exhibits - Look out for the giant anteater, exotic boar, Hyacinth macaw and many, many more amazing animals.
- It's Tough To Be a Bug - 3-D show housed in the root system of the Tree of Life. Features Flik and Hopper, inspired by Disney-Pixar's "A Bug's Life." Some creepy crawly moments in the dark.
- Discovery Island Trails - Stroll around the Tree of the Life and discover a landscape full of creatures like Galapagos tortoises, lemurs and cotton-top tamarins.
DISCOVERY ISLAND DINING:
- Safari Coffee.
- Flame Tree Barbecue - Freshly-smoked barbecue ribs, chicken and freshly.
- Safari Barbeque - Turkey legs and chicken wings.
- Pizzafari - Pizzas, salads and sandwiches.
- Pirate of the Caribbean - Join Captain Jack Sparrow as you sail through the Spanish Main.
CAMP MINNIE-MICKEY ATTRACTIONS:
- Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends - Children's show with live animals from North America. Come see if you will be a protector of the forest.
- Festival of the Lion King - Cool off at this high-energy tribal celebration with joyous music, dance and specialty performances. Plus, sing along with your favorite characters from "The Lion King" movie.
- Greeting Trails - Meet Mickey, Minnie and pals who are here to greet you every day in their own special vacation spots.
CAMP MINNIE-MICKEY DINING:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris - An open air safari vehicle takes you on an exciting expedition through an African savanna where giraffes, gazelles, elephants, rhinos and lions roam freely.
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - Discover birds, fish, magnificent troops of gorillas, an underwater hippo viewing area and more on this walking tour.
- Dawa Bar.
- Tusker House Restaurant - All-you-can-enjoy carved meats, salads and desserts--all with an African touch.
- Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant - All you care to enjoy breakfast buffet with Donald and friends.
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery.
- Harambe Fruit Market.
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments - Hamburgers, salads, sandwiches and shakes.
RAFIKI'S PLANET WATCH ATTRACTIONS:
- Wildlife Express Train - Non-stop rustic express train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. After exploring, re-board for a trip straight back to Africa. Trains leave every 5-7 minutes.
- Habitat Habit! - See amazing cotton-top tamarins on this leg of the outdoor discovery trails, and get helpful hints on how to share the world (and your own backyard) with animals.
- Conservation Station - Live animal encounters and interactive exhibits with interesting facts about animal habitats. Plus an in-depth look at the care our creatures receive through veterinary attention, nutrition and research programs.
- Affection Section - Petting yard featuring a number of rare, domesticated breeds from across the globe.
- Flights of Wonder - Get out of the sun, have a seat and watch amazing birds enthrall you with incredible flights and humorous natural behaviors.
- Maharajah Jungle Trek - Wander through the ruins of an ancient palace inhabited by exotic animals, including giant fruit bats, birds, tapirs, Komodo dragons and tigers!
- Kali River Rapids - Prepare to get soaked as you go white-water rafting down the turbulent waters of the Chakranadi River. Height requirement to ride is 38inches (97cm).
- Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain - Board a high speed train and zip through the misty unknown. But beware of the fierce Yeti ( a.k.a. Abominable Snowman. Height requirement to ride is 44inches (112cm).
- Yak and Yeti Restaurant - Pan-Asian cuisine including honey chicken, miso salmon and tempura shrimp.
- Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes - Honey chicken, shrimp to mein, sweet and sour pork.
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck - Ice cream treats and refreshments.
DINOLAND USA ATTRACTIONS:
- The Boneyard - A play maze built around fun dinosaur fossils. You can even dig up some wooly mammoth bones!
- Fossil Fun Games - Dino-rific carnival style games.
- Finding Nemo, The Musical - Sea this exciting original stage show that brings Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo" to life right before your eyes through merging puppetry with live performances!.
- Primeval Whirl - This spinning coaster sends you through curves, hills, drops and dinosaur jaws!. Height requirement to ride is 48inches (122cm).
- TriceraTop Spin - Board a friendly dinosaur on this outdoor flying adventure.
- Dinosaur - Blast back 65 million years to save the last dinosaur on this always thrilling, sometimes frightening, journey through the past...and the dark. Height requirement to ride is 40inches(102cm).
DINOLAND USA DINING:
- Restaurantosaurus - Lunch/Dinner items include burgers, hot dogs and tossed salads.
- PetriFries - French fries hosted by McDonald's.
Disney's Animal Kingdom recently celebrated ten years of natural leadership and commitment in conservation.